Emails can turn into one of your most powerful and effective marketing tools, but without the right guidelines you could be missing out on opportunities. Here are some of our proven best practices to help guide you to greater results:
1. Understand your buyer persona(s) and define clear goals for how to engage these leads in your email efforts.
This is key. In order to create any content that is relevant to your potential customers, it is crucial that you develop some kind of template that defines your best customer. Understanding what content can be provided to address the pain points or benefit the lead will lead to higher conversion rates and longer lasting relationships.
2. Breakdown your email lists and segment them out based on your buyer personas/journey.
Where your lead falls in their journey towards conversion is important to understand. Try to create emails that meet the needs of your lead at every stage.
3. Personalize your emails in a manner that is appropriate and beneficial.
Personalization is another great add on feature. Personalization will allow your to make the potential customer feel important and can provide custom tailored content. However, this should only be used when it benefits the lead. If possible, use tools that will allow you to integrate automation for this process and nurtures the lead.
4. Engage your leads and customers with relevant information and determine how often to do so.
Keeping in contact with current customers is just as important as it keeping in contact with your leads. When you engage your customers and leads on a consistent basis with relevant information you can build your relationships and turn your customers into brand advocates.
5. Review the results and your analytics to make sure that you are always refining your emails to maximize their effectiveness.
Make sure to test your emails. You can use A/B testing, but always review the data to see what emails need adjustment. Working with new headers, titles, content, calls-to-action, etc can all help to refine the process and increase effectiveness.