Visual media is becoming more and more critical to the success of marketing campaigns. One great way to integrate visual media into your campaigns is to create YouTube videos. Videos can involve more time, effort, and funds than you are used to expending on a given marketing campaign, but the return on investment can be well worth it if you take the time to promote your video content effectively.
How do I make sure my video campaign is successful?
First off, treat the production of your video like you would any other piece of content as an inbound marketer. The information it provides should present viewers with information they already need or are looking for. It should be high quality, visually appealing, and organized in a concise manner to keep the attention of viewers all the way through its duration.
Once you’ve got your completed video, you should be doing the following things to promote it:
- Optimize your video by making it public, including an informative description, adding relevant tags, and choosing an appropriate video thumbnail. You can even add Calls-to-Action to the video itself as well as the description. (Pro-tip: Completely filling out your YouTube user profile will give additional merit to your image as an industry expert and entice visitors to click through to your website to learn more)
- Share your video to all of your social media accounts and encourage your team members to do the same! The more people who view, like, and share your video, the more likely it will be for viewers to click through to view your website or take advantage of offerings featured in your CTA’s. Even spreading the word about who you are and what you do will benefit your overall marketing efforts.
- Upload a transcript file of your video. This will allow youtube to include captions on your video, which will make it more accessible to the hearing impaired and give YouTube more content to index for search optimization.
- Keep a consistent upload schedule to keep improving your SEO. Just like with blogging, providing your audience with an abundance of high-quality content will do wonders for your overall marketing efforts and your image as an industry expert.
- Engage your audience (again, just like blogging) to keep your viewers feeling comfortable and interested in the content you produce. Ask your viewers to describe, enable comments, engage with your viewers by responding to comments, and encourage them to share.